- No events.
NY Salon Archives
At NY Salon, we believe passionately in free speech and discussing ideas robustly. We agree with the quote generally attributed to Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it."
Perhaps the spirit of the renaissance master, Leonardo da Vinci, should live on in our own attempt to navigate the contemporary landscape: "He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
The clash of ideas is at the heart of the NY Salon; the last word can go on this to Oscar Wilde, ever the wit: "Arguments are to be avoided: they are always vulgar and often convincing."
Recent Event Post
- Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston…Reflections on Contemporary America
- Freedom – of speech, the press – and beyond?
- Can we still have faith in the academy?
- I’m so spiritual
- Volunteer Tourism: Making a Difference?
- Salon book discussion – The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot
- “Occupy Wall Street” NY Salon Dinner